This contest is closed. The results are here.
First of all, thanks to all the readers who have bought books here, commented, linked back, followed me on twitter, subscribed the RSS, joined as a blog follower (on the sidebar by the right) or threw me a helpful vote on Amazon! Your support is what made this contest possible.
If you haven't chip in, it's not too late. Every little bit of support helps. You can start with this contest.
This giveaway contest is similar to last year's. Take this as an opportunity to share with others your favourite art books.
- List your 3 favourite art books from 2009. Add a few sentences on why you like them in the comments section.
- For contact purposes, leave your email in the form text box asking for your email (so that other people cannot see your email).
- Prize: Choose either an art book from my list below or a $40 Amazon.com gift cert. Post your choice of prize in the comments section.
- Additional prize: Additional $10 Amazon.com gift cert for those who are blog followers. If you're not, just join in using the Google Friend Connect (GFC) widget by the right. I'll ask for your GFC display name when you win.
- Closing date: 19 Dec 2009, midnight pacific time.
- One winner will be chosen randomly.
- This giveaway is open to all and where Amazon can ship to.
- Results will be announced on 20 Dec 2009.
To serve as an example, let me start with my favourite art books. You don't have to post ten books like me, although if you post more I don't mind.
Drawn to Life: 20 Golden Years of Disney Master Classes: The Walt Stanchfield Lectures
Walt Stanchfield, with his wealth of experience, shares in this two volume edition all the tips to drawing and animation that will benefit any animator and artist.
Exodyssey: Visual Development of an Epic Adventure by Steambot Studios
Very stylish and impressive portfolio for the sci-fi genre. It's a tremendous piece of effort and great showcase of talent by the six artists.
The Art and Making of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Love the concept, character designs and especially the colour palette. The Insights Edition book is also filled with lots of goodies.
CFSL.NET: Café Salé Artbook 03
This book is a surprise find. It's collects illustrations from French artists. The European style is refreshing and beautiful.
The Marvel Art Of Marko Djurdjevic
Awesome art from an awesome Marvel cover artist, Marko Djurdjevic.
Spectrum 16: The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art
Hey, it's Spectrum. One of the best art annuals around at a great price.
The Art of Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea
I love almost everything from Studio Ghibli. Couldn't stop smiling while I was watching the film.
Imaginative Realism: How to Paint What Doesn't Exist
This book from James Gurney is as useful as his blog, Gurney Journey.
Illusive: Contemporary Illustration Part 3
A very beautiful collection of contemporary art pieces from lesser known artists. The art is printed on top notch paper. This is also another surprise find.